Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Day 2 week 2 = Fabulous Flora = activity 1 SLJ

On your blog, tell us whether or not you would like to try flax weaving. Does it interest you? Why or why not?

I actually have already try weaving, but I would love to weave again, but in a more comfortable area. May Be near a waterfall, or near the ocean, or on a hill. It would be so calming to weave there instead of a classroom with no open windows. My favorite part of the lesson was listening to the history of the weave basket. Its was so interesting, and the activity itself was amazing.

If you would like to make it yourself I believe this link to making a kono (food basket) is helpful
(this is not my video, Its youtube channel is craftlab nz. There youtube channel is great.)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora,

My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team. I’ll be helping Sophie and the team out in Manaiakalani.

That's great that you have already had the opportunity to try flax weaving at school, but I agree that sitting down to weave next to a waterfall or some other outdoor setting would be a lot more relaxing. Hopefully you get a chance to do this one day.

I love that you included a link to a video where people can learn to weave for themselves. What a cool resource!

I hope that you are enjoying your summer holidays, and I look forward to reading more of your posts soon.

Hazel :)

Unknown said...

Hola Hazel,

I'm glad you like my blog post and the video. I hope your enjoying yourself this season too. Thank you for your comment.

Eden :D

Post a Comment