Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

day 5 week 1 = blink and you'll miss it = Activity 1 SLJ

On your blog tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand. Be sure to provide at least two reasons to support your argument.

I don't fully agree logging should be allowed in new zealand unless we have a lot of trees. Why don't I agree? Logging relates to cutting down trees, but why cut our last source of life? we are just killing ourselves. Were killing ourselves and our creatures, don't you think its sad we might lose our kiwis? Sure we may need to use trees for paper and stuff but how will we use them if we won't be around? there wont be any use for paper or benches or houses.

( this is not my drawing, I found it on the internet. Credit to the artist of this drawing )


1 comments:

Mikey SLJ said...

Kia ora Eden,

My name is Mikey. I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team, along with Izzy, Sophie, Lee and Patricia. I'm so glad to see that you took part in this year's programme and kept your literacy learning going throughout the summer holidays. It looks like you were super busy, completing lots of activities - well done! :)

I really enjoyed reading your post about logging in New Zealand. You make some very good points. I think we (humans) often forget that we're not the only ones on this planet in need of it's resources - there are so many species of animals that rely on the natural environment just as much as we do. I do see why we need logging though. What do you think about the idea of planting one native tree for every tree the logging industry cuts down? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I look forward to your reply.

Bye for now. :)

Post a Comment