Pages

Saturday 22 December 2018

Day 5 week 1 = live on the edge = activity 2 SLJ

On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.

Dear Uncle and aunty ( sorry I don't feel like giving names )


In class we traveled to tundra, for educational purposes. When I first stepped foot in the area, I thought it was quite deserted. There was no trees, some areas the ground was hard and didn't have much water surrounding it. It was a new experience, I loved one thing though. I had fallen for the beautiful pile of dirt, sprinkled with snow in the distance. It was so empty in the area, that you get to see the mountains without your sight being blocked. It was so breathtaking, that I sat and stared at the mountains, that's what I spent most of my time on.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Eden, you wrote a exceptional letter of your experience to Tundra. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Kia ora Eden,

My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team. I’ll be helping Sophie and the team out in Manaiakalani over the Christmas holidays.

I really enjoyed reading your letter to your aunt and uncle from the tundra. You've painted a really vivid picture of it with your words. Would you like visit it for real one day? Why/why not? What sorts of animals might you see there?

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Hazel :)

Unknown said...

Michelle,

Thank you for your amazing comment, I hope your having a fun time this summer.

Hi Hazel,

I'm glad you enjoyed my letter to my family members. I would definitely like to visit this area one day and you the passage it should tell you. I want to go for real to look at the beautiful mountains. I also am curious what animals i'll find, I just hope the animals are pettable.

Unknown said...

Hi Eden,

I hope that you're having a great summer holiday! I would also like to visit the tundra one day; I love to travel, and I think that it would be a fascinating trip.

Hazel :)

Post a Comment