Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Day 1 Week 1 = north and south = Activity 2 SLJ

Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.


My hometown is Auckland.

Auckland is incredible and and safe, Why? Because we don't have any poisonous species. Amarica have gigantic poisonous spiders, australia have large snakes and new zealand have none of them. New zealand is poison free and have loads of food stores, so wherever you are, if you are hungry you just need to drive to a store which won't be too far. We also have art on glen innes walls, painted by professionals. it's always nice to look at something that's perfect and beautiful, don't you think so? There is also a tall tower we so call the sky tower, its incredibly tall and the view from up there is stunning. One tree hill is also magnificent, a hill where you can view the area you live in is surely an impressive sight. New zealand is a safe sighting for everyone to enjoy.


4 comments:

Ana @ Glen Innes School said...

Ki Ora Eden It's me Ana and I was reading your long interesting writing about your hometown. You have put so many pictures to prove that do love this hometown so much and you adore it.

What is you favourite place to go at Auckland and why?
And please leave a comment.😄😃

Unknown said...

Ana

My favourite place is one tree hill, it may not be the best place for others but i love sitting alone in silent at the top looking down. its truly magnificent.

Izzy SLJ said...

Morena Eden

I’m Izzy. I’m one of the team that will be reading your SLJ blog posts. It’s really cool to see that you have made such a positive start already. Ka pai.

Auckland is a very safe city to live and we are lucky to be here. We are very lucky that we don't have poisonous Snakes like Australia. I like snakes but I’d be scared to go out bushwalking if there was a chance that I’d meet one along the way. Do you know the names of any dangerous snakes and spiders in either Australia or America? Also, have you heard of katipo and redback spiders? They are two species of spiders in New Zealand that are venomous.

I love how many options for food there are in Auckland. What is your favourite food? Mine is burgers! I could eat them all day!

I loved reading about the beautiful art painted on the wall. What is it of? How would you describe it?

Can’t wait to read more.

Cheers,
Izzy

Unknown said...

Hola Izzy

Nice to meet you. Thank you for your amazing comment, also your question to dangerous snakes and spiders and if i know any. I actually do surprisingly, I take interest in the most dangerous snakes, and to add on I have seen a redback spider. I also gladly appreciate your fact about the venomous spider in new zealand, I may need to do some research about it.

To answer your food related question, I love onigiri, it's the best. Also just to explain onigiri is a japanese thing, I've been to japan and I fell face first for these. its technically tuna wrapped in rice.

Oh! the art works in Glen innes, Its so fabulous and the art work is perfect. one wall is of a incredibly beautiful girl and on the other, is a painting of a elegant and peaceful butterfly hanging on a bright and gentle yellow flower. I believe its perfect and brings the best colors to glen innes.

Thank you for your comment, I liked answering your questions :D

have a good day,
Eden

Post a Comment